The Original Williams Sawmill
We’re open by appointment
On this floor and the one above, each of the studios occupies a corner footprint of the sixty-by-forty foot space, with most of them at 600 square feet or larger. All of these studio / workshops are open to clients by appointment or are private.
This heritage industrial building was designated as a property of historic and architectural significance and was illustrated in the Halton County Atlas of 1877. As the oldest Williams building it has also seen many industries carried out within its walls: built on the foundation of the Williams family’s earlier sawmill this building functioned as a sawmill – from the 1850’s until 1881, from 1891 a woollen hosiery knitting mill, Apple Products processing from 1935 until closing in 1985, bought by the Brock family shortly thereafter – first rented to an environmental instrument manufacturer, then from 1994 artists’ studios including art classes, design offices, and the Glen Tavern.
Residencies may be available. This is a great opportunity for an emerging artist.